Qualities of Marketing Automation
To qualify for inclusion in the Marketing Automation category, a product must:
- Automate two or more of the following: email, social media, SMS, and digital ads
- Provide advanced email marketing capabilities including A/B testing, spam filter testing, scheduling, segmentation and detailed performance reporting
- Act as a central marketing database for marketing information and interactions
- Allow dynamic segmentation of marketing campaign targets
- Contact targets across multiple channels after specific actions, triggers or periods of time
- Perform lead management to include lead nurturing and lead scoring
- Generate forms and landing pages to collect prospect information
- Provide analytics and reports that track the entire lifecycle of a campaign including ties to revenue and/or campaign ROI
Marketo, an Adobe company, offers an Engagement Platform that empowers marketers to build brand value, grow revenue, and prove impact. Consistently recognized as the industry’s innovation pioneer, Marketo was the trusted platform for thousands of CMOs thanks to its scalability, reliability, and openness.
In fact, it used to be bigger and more established than HubSpot was a few years ago. However, they made some poor acquisition choices and eventually struggled to the point that they went from being publicly traded to being bought out by private equity (Vista Partners). It is rare for companies to be acquired by PE firms and have much innovation or investment in R&D. They did have a very successful exit to Adobe this week ($4.5B based on an estimated $400MM in annual revenue). However, Marketo is likely going to be stuck in neutral for the next two years dealing with the Adobe acquisition and how they rationalise the NeoLane assets Adobe acquired previously as well as figure out how it will all work together with the rest of the Adobe marketing cloud apps they’ve bought over the years (CMS – formerly Day Software, Analytics and Personalisation – formerly Omniture). That is in addition to how they figure out the different cultures, sales organisations, support methods etc.
HubSpot CRM is one of the leading CRM apps currently available on the market and a winner of our Expert’s Choice Award for 2018.
HubSpot is a leading growth platform. HubSpot CRM is indeed one of the leading CRM apps currently available on the market and a winner of our Expert’s Choice Award for 2018.
Since 2006, they have been on a mission to make the world more inbound. Today, over 64,500 total customers in more than 100 countries use HubSpot’s award-winning software, services, and support to transform the way they attract, engage, and delight customers. Comprised of Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, Service Hub, and a powerful free CRM, HubSpot gives companies the tools they need to Grow Better. HubSpot Marketing Hub has everything you need to run successful inbound marketing campaigns that make people interested in your business and happy to be your customer.
Free and simple, HubSpot CRM is built to be a platform that allows sales teams to get started quickly without making much of a change in their existing workflow. It is a solution ideal for companies that are still starting to recognise the value of CRM and want to try it out or for enterprises that are not using their existing CRM systems to their fullest potential.
HubSpot CRM is a smart and easy option that carries all the necessary basic features but without the often confusing complexity many other CRM platforms have. Beginners and mid-market companies will also appreciate the fact that HubSpot CRM is currently a certified, premier Google partner, and is a solution that suits well all niches and industries.
Now look at how HubSpot has accelerated past Marketo during that time same period:
- They have built out completely new product lines for Sales, Conversations, and now the Success/Support tools
- HubSpot has beefed up its Marketing for Enterprise offering
- It is investing more in predictive/machine learning than any of its competitors
- HubSpot is on pace for a $500-525MM annual revenue year and currently has market cap of $5.9B
- HubSpot is easier to use for non-technical marketers, yet they also have better documented APIs for IT as well
- Support is straightforward and easy to maintain
- HubSpot has a real vision for the direction of companies and growth that helps align their efforts
- HubSpot has a smarter approach to development that allows them to build new capabilities faster with fewer bugs
- They have built out a very large number of integration relationships and continue to expand their connect platform