Social media can seem daunting for many, a whole new world of rules to learn, but finding your feet doesn’t have to be hard. Remembering to stay authentic to your brands message and using correct methods to appeal towards your target market across social media is good basis to start with.
It is without a doubt that branding has developed over the years from being through newspapers, radio advertisements and emails for example, to now being displayed across social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter and in more recent times – Tik Tok! The launch of Facebook made companies realise that social media could be a powerful marketing tool and granted them a way to connect with their customers and create a relationship through consistent posts. Having a relationship with your customer will increase engagement as people will feel closer and form a relationship with your brand – a loyal one we hope!
Social Media Branding
The use of branding through social media has completely flipped the traditional approach to marketing which was once solely between marketers and consumers. Branding now allows companies to create an entire presence online that over time people will begin to follow and interact with, but remember, this doesn’t happen over-night. It’s a lot of consistent and hard work in order to arrive at this destination, which this blog aims to help you with. Social media branding is a way of increasing customer’s knowledge of your brand whilst also keeping your bank account healthy. The majority of small businesses use social media branding in order to promote themselves to potential new customers. Clearly it is important to create an effective social media appearance as it gives an impression that your company is consistent and keen to create content that your customers will want to see.
As Bruce Springsteen once said “Getting an audience is hard, sustaining an audience is hard. It demands consistency of thought, of purpose and of action over a long period of time” and that’s why we should listen to him.
Consistency and Branding Strategies
Consistency is key. It makes your brand attractive and memorable, making you stand out against competition and building you to be a fierce competitor. In order to accomplish consistency on social media your company needs to make sure they are following these strategies:
- Make sure that all your profiles follow a common theme that people will link with your brand. This can be done by ensuring that platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter all follow the same colour theme and the same imagery. It is important to tie in the design of your social media appearance to your website, email marketing and any other form of communication as it will create brand memorability. Remember… being engraved in a customer’s head is a good thing (for the right reasons).
- Take your time to do your research in order to gain an understanding of what your companies target market is and who is engaging the most with your brand. By doing this, you will be able to create content that is going to gain valuable traffic to your social media pages. For instance, it would be pointless to try and market football lessons to a tap dancer, wouldn’t it?
- Remember that this is social media. Not everything has to be serious and black and white. Keep your branding authentic; allow for social connections to be formed between your brand and the customer.
- Constantly generating new ideas for how your brand can stand out against competitors as well as establishing a plan of when and what you will post to each social media channel. If you are applying a constant flow of new and relevant content, then you are bound to form positive connections with your customers.
- Make sure that your social media posts include an effective ‘call to action’ (CTA). CTA’s are a great tool that serious marketers should be using in order to grab the attention of customers. CTA’s could include: links to other social media profiles, the opportunity to share with friends and giving viewers the ability to contact your company, for example.
It is important for you to be aware of the importance that surrounds having a consistent profile appearance on social media, as it gives your brand an identity that customers will recognise and be inclined to connect with. Understanding the importance of being aware of your target audience and listening to what they want to see across social media can in turn only result in your company being a massive hit and eliminating the competition… we hope!